The programming area remains one of the most in-demand skills in 2021 and more people are seeking Python certification. You might have gone through the whole theory and practiced a lot but there is always room for improvement. In the following blog, you will find a few top interview questions about Python to help you gain more confidence.
What are the key features of Python?
Python language has six features that you should be aware of:
- Dynamically typed, meaning when you declare the types of variables, you don’t need to state them but simply typing.
- Object-oriented, which means that in Python you can define the classes with inheritance and composition.
- Interpreted, which means that Python, unlike C language and its variants, does need to be compiled before you run it.
- Quick code writing. Make sure you include a C-based extension for a smooth run.
- The wide use of fields. You can use Python in scientific modeling, automation, web applications, and more.
- First-class objects (functions and classes). In Python, you can assign your functions to variables, returned from other functions, and passed into functions.
What is the difference between tuples and lists in Python?
Tuples are immutable, meaning they cannot be edited compared to lists. Then tuples are much faster than lists. Finally, to define a tuple you use square parentheses, while for lists you use rounded ones, but the variables remain the same.
How do you manage the memory in Python?
You can manage the memory in Python by using private heap space. Due to the fact that all objects and data structures are located in the private heap, a programmer does not have access to it compared to an interpreter. The Python memory manager takes care of the object allocation. Besides, Python has a grange collector that recycles any memory you have not used. Eventually, it will be available for the heap space.
What type of language is Python?
Python is a scripting language or a general-purpose programming language.
What are the local and global variables in Python?
There are two types of variables in Python. Local variables are the ones that you declare within a function. It is available only in the local space. Second, global variables are the ones that you declare outside of your function. They can be accessed by any function in the program.
What are commonly used built-in modules in Python?
Some of the commonly used modules are os, sys, math, data time, JSON, and random. They are the files with Python code that can be a variable or function class.
There are many more questions to help you prepare for the interview and become Python certified. As a taster, this short guide about top interview questions about Python should give you an idea of what you can expect. If you are interested to improve your knowledge of this programming language, try our educational game for free.